Skip to main content

Week 9 Part A

Depending on the type of business you have, your blog, social media, website, etc. will be specific to such, making it different from another type of business' blog.  However, regardless of what type of business you have, adding elements of personal touch in your blog can really work well to capture your audience. The goal of advertising and blogging is to connect with your audience. And how do you make connection? You use emotion, humor, relatable content, this all helps to get the person to remember you and hopefully become a customer. No matter your business, you can always find a way to add a personal touch. It may not connect with everyone, but you'll gain a few new followers or customers with the extra effort.

I really believe there is always room to add a personal touch in a post no matter the topic or the business. Of course you want to get to the underlying point, which is "Buy my product or service." which I really don't think you can be successful at without connecting to your audience.

Relating back to my own business, cookies are a comfort food so naturally I'd like my audience to feel comfortable when interacting on my blog, social media, website and in person. Cookies are fun, not to be taken too seriously. So in my blogs I would add humor and light-hearted topics. Cookies are a taste of home, so I like to touch on memories of home and family to connect with my customers. For example, when the holidays come around again, I could include blog posts about settling in with the family, opening gifts, having a nice dinner and then enjoying cookies for dessert afterwards.  There is a lot of room in my line of work to connect with my audience by adding these personal touches to my blogs and creating a deeper connection with them.

Many businesses do this whether it is a fun and exciting type of business or a more serious type of business such as a law firm or a non-profit to help say, animals or children. They all use some type of play on emotions to connect to it's audience.






Comments

  1. Hello Joseph! I think you have a good idea for your brand, food is fun especially something like cookies which everyone loves in some way. Keeping the posts and media fun and comfortable I think that will appeal to a lot of cookie lovers and sweet lovers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy your posts! you always look happy, seem to enjoy your work immensely and we really get a feel for you. Keep up the good work! PS Our family enjoyed some of your cookies this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cookies are hard to resist! I think you've got the right idea about the "personal touch" thing, and I agree that most businesses need some way of emotionally appealing to customers. In your case, cookies definitely give you an advantage!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 9 Part B Using Categories

Categories on a blog are a great way to group together different posts in order for readers to more easily find what they are looking for. They help to organize your blog site into broad groups which can then be broken down further into sub categories. I think this is a great idea to keep the page looking clean and easily navigable. Having these categories also helps to make sure your posts are staying relevant to your industry. Since my business is cookies I would have a category for Flavors. Perhaps I would use this category to discuss new recipes, customer favorites, holiday and seasonal flavors etc. Another category could be Local Events where I would discuss the events our company would be attending or which farmers markets we would be selling. I could also use this category for posts to talk about other businesses in the area.  Because my business was started with a family recipe, I like to keep my business with a "close to home" feel. For this reason I could have a thi

Week 13 Part B Developing Online Advertising

These were three different ads that I paid to have run on Facebook. I actually have never looked at the analytics for these ads until now and I find it super interesting. There is so much useful information to be found and now that I know I can use this for future ads. Now that I'm starting to get a better handle on the labor side of my business, I have a lot more time to dedicate to social media and advertising.  These ads that I made before I really didn't put too much thought into so they may not have been the most effective. However, the first ad did reach quite a lot of people and that is ultimately what got me started with my business. Because of the Facebook ad running all the time, I ended up getting too many orders that I couldn't keep up on my own and had to move my business out of my home and into a commercial kitchen.  The ads are simple; "Fresh baked cookies made to order and delivered. Order now." A very simple call-to-action that works. My main cust