Skip to main content

Week 10, Part A Researching Email Marketing

For my cookie company I would send newsletters weekly to keep my subscribers informed about the specific locations we will be selling. I currently do not have a typical "brick and mortar" location so I sell in different locations, such as at Farmer's Markets, on the military base, and at the Fashion Valley Mall. Providing a weekly newsletter with that information along with any other relevant information would be my ideal frequency. 

Of course, upon subscribing I would send out a Welcome newsletter to thank them for subscribing and offer them a special deal as a thank you. I also like the idea of sending out birthday newsletters yearly to give out a free bag of cookies. I think it's incredibly important to build a relationship with each subscriber so that they trust me and my company and continue to come back. Showing appreciation to each customer and keeping them informed is a great way to do this. 

It seems like I am signed up for thousands of newsletters, they pile into my inbox on the daily. Most of them I tend to ignore, but there are some that I intentionally signed up for and read often. One in particular is a meditation newsletter I get from Deepak Chopra and Oprah. This email is sent out any time they are offering a free 21 day meditation challenge reminding me to sign up and share with anyone else who would be interested. They also send out newsletters every so often with bits of information. This newsletter is never overwhelming. It's not sent too frequently. I really enjoy that because then when it does get sent to me, I am eager to see what it is. 

I think when businesses send out newsletters too frequently, people tend to just overlook them. At least that is what happens with me. And then the inbox just fills up with hundreds of letters I will never read.

Comments

  1. The idea of free cookies for my birthday would make me love the brand! That's a great idea, and I definitely agree about some newsletters being uninteresting and too frequent. Great job, I hope it's going well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 13 Part B Developing Online Advertising

These were three different ads that I paid to have run on Facebook. I actually have never looked at the analytics for these ads until now and I find it super interesting. There is so much useful information to be found and now that I know I can use this for future ads. Now that I'm starting to get a better handle on the labor side of my business, I have a lot more time to dedicate to social media and advertising.  These ads that I made before I really didn't put too much thought into so they may not have been the most effective. However, the first ad did reach quite a lot of people and that is ultimately what got me started with my business. Because of the Facebook ad running all the time, I ended up getting too many orders that I couldn't keep up on my own and had to move my business out of my home and into a commercial kitchen.  The ads are simple; "Fresh baked cookies made to order and delivered. Order now." A very simple call-to-action that works. My main cust

Week 15 Part B: Building Out Your Strategy

For the next few months I plan to utilize several avenues of marketing. These avenues include Instagram, Facebook and e-newsletters. I also plan to use LinkedIn, but this is more just for my own personal use of finding information, not for marketing. Facebook/Instagram Every Thursday + Sunday: setup scheduled daily posts to occur each morning around 10am and then around 6pm on Wednesdays to remind people to come to the Farmers Market on Thursday morning.  Post on stories daily with tagged posts from customers. Check engagement every 3 days. Adjust accordingly  Paid ads will be used in future months to come E-newsletters Create a bi-weekly newsletter on Tuesdays to keep customers up to date with what's happening at my company. Increase to weekly once website is established.

Week 2 Part A

     I want to understand how social media can benefit my own business, which is why I am taking this class. Up to this point, I have felt like I was too busy to be updating my Instagram page with daily posts, let alone listening in to what customers are saying. However, as I dive into this course and I begin reading I'm gaining an understanding, not only of how important it is to gain attention for my business, but also just how beneficial it is to me personally to be able to know exactly what customers want.      Over the years, communication between businesses and customers has changed dramatically. Years ago, as a customer you would have to search in a phone book or a newspaper for a specific company, only then to have to call them on the phone, receive whatever product or service you were seeking, and then if there was ever an issue, you would have to call a customer service line in order to complain.       Of course today, you can still call a customer service line if you hav