Skip to main content

Week 7 Part B

I viewed many of the Instagram accounts in our class and I love that everyone is getting their business pages started. Whether they had them since before the class or are just starting out now, I'm very impressed with everyone's work. The three accounts from my group that I commented on were Jan Walker, Morgan McCray, and Sue Godwin. These three have entirely different businesses but all great concepts. 

Jan Walker's Instagram is to promote a consulting business, Morgan McCray has a business where people can create their own Kpop outfits, and Sue Godwin has a no-kill animal shelter. Because of the different nature of each of these businesses, they would require each different types of posts in order to capture their target audience. Morgan McCray can have a more colorful and fun type of theme, where as Jan Walker would want something more serious, maybe more neutral colors, with a lot of business inspiration. Sue Godwin would want something with lots of cute photos, but also lots of informational type posts. 

Walker_Jan
Forrest Walker (@tridentpacificconsulting) • Instagram photos and videos


McCray_Morgan
Mo 모✞🌷 (@moskpoppage) • Instagram photos and videos


Godwin_Sue
Class Project (@unconditionallovecatanddog) • Instagram photos and videos

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 9 Part A

Depending on the type of business you have, your blog, social media, website, etc. will be specific to such, making it different from another type of business' blog.  However, regardless of what type of business you have, adding elements of personal touch in your blog can really work well to capture your audience. The goal of advertising and blogging is to connect with your audience. And how do you make connection? You use emotion, humor, relatable content, this all helps to get the person to remember you and hopefully become a customer. No matter your business, you can always find a way to add a personal touch. It may not connect with everyone, but you'll gain a few new followers or customers with the extra effort. I really believe there is always room to add a personal touch in a post no matter the topic or the business. Of course you want to get to the underlying point, which is "Buy my product or service." which I really don't think you can be successful at wi

Week 9 Part B Using Categories

Categories on a blog are a great way to group together different posts in order for readers to more easily find what they are looking for. They help to organize your blog site into broad groups which can then be broken down further into sub categories. I think this is a great idea to keep the page looking clean and easily navigable. Having these categories also helps to make sure your posts are staying relevant to your industry. Since my business is cookies I would have a category for Flavors. Perhaps I would use this category to discuss new recipes, customer favorites, holiday and seasonal flavors etc. Another category could be Local Events where I would discuss the events our company would be attending or which farmers markets we would be selling. I could also use this category for posts to talk about other businesses in the area.  Because my business was started with a family recipe, I like to keep my business with a "close to home" feel. For this reason I could have a thi

Week 13 Part B Developing Online Advertising

These were three different ads that I paid to have run on Facebook. I actually have never looked at the analytics for these ads until now and I find it super interesting. There is so much useful information to be found and now that I know I can use this for future ads. Now that I'm starting to get a better handle on the labor side of my business, I have a lot more time to dedicate to social media and advertising.  These ads that I made before I really didn't put too much thought into so they may not have been the most effective. However, the first ad did reach quite a lot of people and that is ultimately what got me started with my business. Because of the Facebook ad running all the time, I ended up getting too many orders that I couldn't keep up on my own and had to move my business out of my home and into a commercial kitchen.  The ads are simple; "Fresh baked cookies made to order and delivered. Order now." A very simple call-to-action that works. My main cust