Skip to main content

Week 12 Part B

I created a free account with LinkedIn so I could explore what the site has to offer. There are so many inspiring people to follow and learn from along with many different brands that I can follow to gain more insight into the industry. I researched the groups section and found many groups that would be extremely useful to me and my business. 

Some of my biggest hurdles in my business are my lack of social media presence, marketing, and packaging. With just a basic search in the groups section I found many groups tailored to these exact subjects. For example, I found a group called "Food Packaging Professionals" this would be an excellent group for me to join to get insight on the best type of packaging for my product and how to enhance my production. Not only that, I am able to find people for hire for areas that I am weak in or cannot execute myself. 

Yelp is another outlet that my business does not currently utilize but will in the future. Yelp is great for promoting your business. With enough good reviews you can convince even more people to choose you over a competitor. Yelp is great for restaurants and food places. I've also seen it used for hairdressers and lawyers and other service related industries. I think yelp is particularly useful for these types of businesses. I don't necessarily know if they work as well for other businesses.

I also checked out Meetup.com which I have only ever used for finding groups for fun activities. However, the site offers an array of different groups including Entrepreneur and networking groups which would be great for someone like me. They host virtual and in person 
meetings which is really convenient and a great way to connect and meet others and possible investors for my company.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/joseph-pass-8828b8211/














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 9 Part A

Depending on the type of business you have, your blog, social media, website, etc. will be specific to such, making it different from another type of business' blog.  However, regardless of what type of business you have, adding elements of personal touch in your blog can really work well to capture your audience. The goal of advertising and blogging is to connect with your audience. And how do you make connection? You use emotion, humor, relatable content, this all helps to get the person to remember you and hopefully become a customer. No matter your business, you can always find a way to add a personal touch. It may not connect with everyone, but you'll gain a few new followers or customers with the extra effort. I really believe there is always room to add a personal touch in a post no matter the topic or the business. Of course you want to get to the underlying point, which is "Buy my product or service." which I really don't think you can be successful at wi

Week 13 Part B Developing Online Advertising

These were three different ads that I paid to have run on Facebook. I actually have never looked at the analytics for these ads until now and I find it super interesting. There is so much useful information to be found and now that I know I can use this for future ads. Now that I'm starting to get a better handle on the labor side of my business, I have a lot more time to dedicate to social media and advertising.  These ads that I made before I really didn't put too much thought into so they may not have been the most effective. However, the first ad did reach quite a lot of people and that is ultimately what got me started with my business. Because of the Facebook ad running all the time, I ended up getting too many orders that I couldn't keep up on my own and had to move my business out of my home and into a commercial kitchen.  The ads are simple; "Fresh baked cookies made to order and delivered. Order now." A very simple call-to-action that works. My main cust

Week 1 Blog Post.

As I sit here trying to figure out how to use this website, I find myself changing the themes over and over to try and get it the way I feel will be the easiest for me and everyone to navigate. I want it to be clear with the most recent blog post showing at the top. I chose this because I didn't want you to have to click on something in order to start reading the post.  The original theme I had chosen was titled "Tasty Treats" and looked like it would be a good layout for dessert recipes, photos of food, etc. I chose that because I thought it would be fitting since I have my own business, a cookie company. But since this blog is just for our class I changed it. I also didn't like how it was set up. I wrote out my whole blog post and then after publishing I went to look at it and realized I didn't like the layout.  So I have now chosen this one based on the initial structure. I also like the colors and feel they fit the vibe I am going for. Hopefully this will be c